Annual Report 2007
Implementations and Demonstrations
- VoIP-4D Demonstration with Open Hardware, 3rd Global Knowledge Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2007.
- VoIP Demonstrator for Human Rights Defenders, IFEX ICT Forum, Montevideo, Uruguay, October 2007.
- Wireless Point-to-Point Infrastructure for the Universidad Autonoma Nacional de Honduras (UNAH), UNI radio band, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, June 2007.
- Iraq Programme Web Portal, May 2007.
Presentations and Panels
- The role of open source in localization in a global knowledge society 3rd Global Knowledge Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2007.
- VoIP for Development - The Free Telephony Project 3rd Global Knowledge Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2007.
- Connectivity and energy experiences in Africa and Latinoamérica, Jornadas de Sistemas, ICT for development, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Rosario, Argentina, October 2007.
- ICT Tools for freedom of expression, International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX) General Assembly, Montevideo, Uruguay, October 2007.
- Free and open source challenges in developing regions, 1st Concurso Universitario de Software Libre, Sevilla, May 2007.
- Making IP Telephony knowledge accessible, A pre-study of innovative approaches (white paper), December 2007.
- The IP04 Open telephony hardware for developing regions, The Free Telephony Project (white paper), December 2007.
- Tools and technologies for equitable access (APC Issue Papers), Internet Governance Forum (IGF), November 2007.
- ZittNet – Fantsuam Foundation\'s Community Wireless Network - How to set up a rural Wireless Internet Service Provider in Africa (case study), October 2007.
- Supporting Community-driven Wireless Networks by Empowering Communities (presentation), August 2007.
- Wireless Networking in Developing Word, Spanish Second Edition (chapter), August 2007.
- Link Performance Parameters in IEEE 802.11, How to increase the throughput of a wireless long distance link (white paper), April 2007.
- Wireless Technologies review for rural connectivity in Africa (report), United Nations Development Program, January 2007.
- Site Surveys for wireless connectivity in rural telecentres (Rwanda, Uganda,Kenya and Tanzania)(report), United Nations Development Program, January 2007.
- CCS 2007, ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security, November 2007.
- Computer Surveys, ACM, October 2007
- Third Review of Privacy and Identity Management for Europe (PRIME), FP6 IST Project, European Commission Information Society (INFSO), Brussels, Belgium, July 2007.
- Second Review of Future of Identity in the Information Society (FIDIS), FP6 IST Project, European Commission Information Society (INFSO), Brussels. Belgium, July 2007.
- External Reviewer to evaluate applications for the first Free and Open Source Competition, Sevilla, Spain, May 2007.
- APC Chris Nicol FOSS Prize, Grading Committee, May 2007.
- Community Wireless Networks, TRICALCAR Regional training, Rosario, Argentina, October 2007.
- 2nd Community Wireless Training Workshop, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, September 2007.
- Community Wireless Networks, TRICALCAR Regional training, Perú, Huaral, Perú, July 2007.
- Taller de formación en enlaces inalámbricos y sistemas de Internet, Training workshop in wireless connectivity and Internet services. Tegucigalpa, Honduras, June 2007.
- Community Wireless Training, Fantsuam Foundation, Kafanchan, Nigeria, February 2007.
Projects and Awards
- Community Wireless Resource Centre, International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Makerere University, Uganda, 2006-2007
- Rural Wireless ISP, Fantsuam Foundation, International Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Kafanchan, Nigeria, 2006-2007
- Drumnet, International Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Nairobi, Kenya, 2006-2008.