Introduction to ICT for developmentStockholm, Sweden, 1 Nov 2005 "Introduction to ICT for Development" is a 5 credit web based distance course given by DSV at the IT Unversity, Kista, during fall 2005.
The course aims to familiarise students with some of the main issues involved in the use of ICT for development purposes - such as the use of ICT for poverty reduction, promotion of education, health, democracy and human rights.
IT +46 participates as indepentend consultants in the field of
- Software Localisation (1/2 credit)
- Technology Challenges (1 credit)
All course material is licenced under Creative Commons (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0) and can be downloaded here:
- Primer to Localization of Software version 1.5
- Localization of Computer Software to Digital Endangered Languages (presentation)
- Introduction to Internet satellite connectivity