ICT for Social Development
|Keywords||Development, ICT, Localization, Wireless infrastructure, Outcome Mapping|
|University||ICT Trento, University of Trento, Italy|
|Academic year||2007 / 2008|
|Lecturers||Alberto Escudero-Pascual, Louise Berthilson|
|Schedule||May 5th-May 16th|
- to provide graduate students with an understanding of the main issues associated with the use of Information and Communications Technologies for Social Development (ICT4SD).
- to raise awareness of emerging regions, their communities and the technical challenges they face.
- to learn about appropriate technologies for emerging regions, their impact, and how they can be conceived, designed and implemented
- to discuss critically around some real case studies including: localization of computer software to local languages, voice over IP in rural areas, wireless infrastructure in community networks, and sustainable business models.
- to learn about Outcome Mapping and the challenges of assessing development impacts.
- Introduction to ICTs and development
- Technologies and development
- Localization of computer software
- Connectivity and Wireless Infrastructure
- Voice over IP
- Solar energy and Low power computing
- Review of case studies
- Outcome mapping